Monday, April 2, 2012

Come One, Come All!

Welcome to the inaugural post of my first blog! 


I suppose I should introduce myself first. I'm a twenty year old undergraduate student currently in the middle of the second semester of my sophomore year of university. I commute and work part time to support my education. I have a Secondary Education and History double major and am planning on hopefully continuing to graduate school for a masters and PhD.  I have always had a passion for history, but just recently came to the realization that I would love to research and educate in a post-secondary setting. Originally, I only took on the history major in addition to the education one to improve my resume and job prospects. Through upper level history classes and coursework, my participation in the History Club,  and deep discussions with some awesome people, I 'found myself'. Some people find themselves through new friends, by being away from their parents, etc, but for some reason I grew and became sure of my future goals through my new academic life. Why and how this came about I hope to flesh out in this blog, among other things. 


This blog will be a chronicle of my growth and journey through the trials of becoming an academic. Maybe it will be helpful to some. Hopefully it will be helpful to me. Since blogs are public things, it would be great for some advice, encouragement, discussion, and dialogue along the way. So comment! email! I would love to hear from everyone and anyone who may come across this!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Making of a Scholar by AboutAHIstorian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.